Legal Issues

Legal Advocates

Many Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Violence programs offer legal advocacy, not legal advice. You can call a program near you to find if that program has a legal advocate to assist you in your city or county. A list of programs can be found here.

Civil Protection Orders

Restraining orders (also called civil protection orders) are available to members of LGBT individuals in the state of Wisconsin.  For information on how to obtain a restraining order, click here.

LGBTQ Specific Legal Help